THE GUTHRIE PATH TRIED AND TRUE
Rule # 1 is get Pre- Approved.
mAIN sTREET'S GUTHRIE TEAM
THE GUTHRIE TEAM
Main Street Properties
Pensacola, Fl 32504
OPTING FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION
Whether to Buy an Exsting Home Or Have One Built is Yet Another Decision to Make.....
- If you decide to go with new construction, a real estate agent can be a powerful advocate in your corner as you negotiate upgrades, a move-in date and other terms with the home builder.
- The following are some points we suggest you consider........ Selecting a builder There are many types of builders ranging from custom to large production builders. Today in the Escambia/ Santa Rosa /Walton county area there are many semi custom builders These are builders who have basic designs that can without great expense move walls or add bathrooms to meet your families’ needs.
- Often a good starting point is to define what architectural styles appeal to you and then seek out the builders in your area who offer those styles. Due diligence is essential. Ask friends for referrals to get firsthand accounts; verify the builder's state license status, if applicable; and check whether they're certified by the National Association of Home Builders. As Real Estate Agents.... The Guthrie Team will provide you with a wide range of information to help you in your decision-making, from building restrictions, roads and easements to inspections, warranties, rebates and upgrades. Our experience and knowledgeable in new-home construction will help you wade through all this data as well as point out the downsides and upsides of each line item.
- In general a Builders Contract is much simpler than the state contract. Because most builders will grant concessions like closing cost, use their own closing company and have sheets with standard features they require the use of their own contract. It's all about timing.... The Buyer’s Market we are currently experiencing has meant that builder's incentive have turned buying new construction into an incredible opportunity.
- In Florida, where closing cost are some of the highest in the nation, most builders state they will pay most if not all of these fees. Closing Cost can be up to 3% of the homes purchase price. Some Builders will offer upgrades as opposed to price reductions. This is when THE GUTHIRE TEAM can be your biggest asset...counseling you on what is the best direction for you to take.....Remember it is all about you!
- A word about paying up... While there are always exceptions, most builders require a deposit when a purchase agreement is signed. They also require that the buyer pay for any upgrades prior to closing. If you back out prior to closing, unless the agreement states otherwise, you will lose that money. Make sure you understand every detail in the builder's contract before signing it.